Welcome To Bartonville!
Bartonville, Texas, located eight miles south of Denton in south central Denton County, was originally part of the Chinn's Chapel settlement, established in 1853 by Elisha Chinn. Chinn's Chapel eventually became three small communities: Bartonville, Shiloh, and Waketon. Settled in 1878, Bartonville was named after T. Bent Barton. In 1886 a local post office was established, and by 1890 Bartonville had twenty-five residents, a general store, a gristmill, and a cotton gin, all owned by the Barton family. Bartonville's population rose to an estimated 100 in 1896, and the town had three general stores. Bartonville's post office was closed in 1905.